Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gearing up for the Holidays

We had a wonderful trip to Vegas for Thanksgiving. It is always nice to visit with Codys family. There was quite a group for Thanksgiving itself, my sister in law Trina had her mom, dad, brother, and grandparents in town. Jaydan and Hope became quite good pals this trip. Hope is such a sweet and attentive girl. Toddlers always flock to her. Abby, myself, Trina, and her brother ran a 5K Thanksgiving morning. It was my first race and I am proud to have finished.

Now trying to get ready for Christmas is proving a challenge. The tree is up, I let Hope do the whole thing with a little help from Abby. I am trying to put on a happy face for Hope. She is so excited and loves Christmas. I find the tears are very close to the surface (which is odd for me since I am not really a cryer). I have a bit of a head cold and money is not tight but nonexistant, so none of this is helping with this Holiday season. I will not feel sorry for myself. I will enjoy my sweet girls and listen to some Christmas music without crying.

I love my family and am so grateful for the joy and love that Cody, Abby, and Hope bring to my life.

2 comments:

The Reynolds said...

Merry Christmas, McCallisters! I hope you have a great one! Enjoy all the fun & family time.

Unknown said...

can't wait to see you tomorrow. life is good. could always be better, right? but could be a whole lot worse. i'm thankful for family to lift me up also.